Want to win a free book?
To celebrate the release of the discussion guide for Slowpoke, I’m holding a giveaway contest. That means you have the chance to win a hardcover, signed copy of my early reader for your very own.
Make sure to check out the discussion guide here, written by the fabulous Tracie Vaughn Zimmer, a talented author in her own right. It’s a great teaching tool, relating Slowpoke to lessons in vocabulary, science, and art. The guide also includes questions for discussing the book with your child or students.
What are the rules?
- Between now and Saturday, November 5, at 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, answer this question in the comments section: What was the first book you remember reading to yourself (or your child to him or herself)? Or, share your favorite children’s book, or just say “hi”!
- One entry per person, per household. EXCEPTION: You can be entered twice if you link to this post in your blog, facebook, or Twitter account (or other social media). Add the link (or tell me about it, in the case of facebook) in the comments section so I know about the link and can enter your second chance.
- This contest is restricted to residents of the United States or Germany.
- The winner will be chosen using random.org
- The prize is just one book (not all the books in the photo).
Slowpoke is appropriate for boys or girls. It’s especially geared towards children who are learning to read, but it can be enjoyed as a parent read-aloud as well.
Booklist says: “Pearce’s succinct text will amuse emerging readers with her only slightly exaggerated references to the hectic pace of modern life. Ritchie’s fluid, cartoon-style illustrations are equally adept at conveying the story’s speedy absurdities”
School Library Journal says, “the writing in this easy reader is strong, and Pearce includes humorous examples and descriptions of Fiona’s predicament.”
Good luck and have fun!
** Please note this giveaway is now closed.