More Christmas gifts. These started out as terry velour Boppy covers I had hand-dyed (I did a little gel-glue batik on the fabric as well). I did something wrong with the sewing pattern, and the covers never fit the Boppy all that well. Once my son was crawling I knew we’d never use them again. I hated to part with the fabric, though, so I thought I’d make some washcloth puppets out of them for all the kids in the family. I used my husband’s hand as a guide for the pattern.
I probably could’ve done something simpler for the eyes, but since some of the recipients are under two, I worried that plastic googly eyes might become a choking hazard. I ended up hand-sewing on eyes I made out of t-shirt fabric (I colored the pupils with a fabric marker).
The noses were my first attempt at machine applique. This tutorial at Sew, Mama, Sew was really helpful. I wouldn’t recommend appliqueing terry on top of terry, at least on your first try. I found flannel applique on top was much easier.